Parking Map & FAQs
Parking at Gold Coast Airport is easy and efficient. But it’s always good to prepare! So view our helpful parking map, and find all the answers you need in our FAQs below.
On this page
Remember to bring your nominated credit card
In order to enter and exit the car park, please drive to the gate and present your nominated credit card at the card reader. Please note that you must present the same physical credit card upon entry and exit, unless otherwise specified in your booking.
Covid-19 Related Questions
- When can I book parking online?
Online bookings are now open.
- Do you offer contactless payment?
Booking online provides a contactless parking option. Book and confirm your parking online, then on arrival at the airport, tap the card used to make your booking on the payment machine. You can exit by tapping the same card. Drive-up parking also provides a contactless option using the same method on entry and exit. You can obtain a receipt at the exit point.
- What measures are you taking to ensure passenger safety?
To help keep our passengers safe, there is a range of hygiene and communication measures in place throughout the terminal. In the car park, these include increased cleaning of frequent touchpoints and use of floor markers that encourage physical distancing. For more information about how we’re working with passengers to support safe air travel, go to our website’s COVID-19 page.
What is your cancellation policy if my flight is cancelled due to COVID-19, or if my travel plans
You can cancel or make changes to your parking booking up to 12 hours before your scheduled arrival time. To do this, select ‘Manage My Booking’ at the top of this page. You’ll need your booking reference number, as well as the email addressed used to make the booking. You can also manage your booking through the confirmation email sent after your booking was made. Cancellation or changes to your booking inside the 12-hour period will be addressed by our car park team on a case-by-case basis. You can contact the Wilson Parking team at Gold Coast Airport via email@example.com or +61 7 5536 9573
- What happens if I book and the car park closes?
You will receive a full refund on your car park booking.
- How can I get help with an existing booking?
You can cancel or make changes to your booking on the ‘Manage My Booking’ page at www.parkgca.com.au. For more assistance, contact the Wilson Parking team at Gold Coast Airport via firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 7 5536 9573.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the opening hours for the car park?
Our car park is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This includes public holidays, such as Christmas and Easter.
- How much does parking cost at Gold Coast Airport?
There are drive-up rates for parking at Gold Coast Airport. We recommend booking parking online prior to your visit to Gold Coast Airport to secure a cheaper rate. The best parking deals will always be found online. The further in advance you book, the better the deals available.
- Can I pre-book my parking at Gold Coast Airport?
Yes, visit our online car park booking page for car park options, prices and to book – www.parkgca.com.au
- How early do I need to be at the airport for my flight?
We strongly recommend that you read all available information provided to you by your airline, as they will advise their preferred times. Please ensure that you leave adequate time when arriving at the airport to park your car and make your way to the terminal.
- What car parks are available at Gold Coast Airport and how long is the walk to the terminal?
- Premium car park: Fully covered, 30 second flat walk to the terminal
- Terminal Long Term car park: Over 900 covered bays, 1-2 minute flat walk to the terminal
- Budget covered car park: Cheapest covered car park, 4-8 minute flat walk to the terminal
- Budget uncovered car park: Cheapest uncovered car park, 5-10 minute flat walk to the terminal
There is short term parking also available at Gold Coast Airport for drive-up customers (maximum stay is 24 hours). Refer to the map available at www.parkgca.com.au when making your booking for directions to individual car parks.
- Is accessible parking available?
Yes, there are several designated accessible parking bays within each of the car parks. Vehicles must display a registered disabled parking sticker to use these bays.
- What are the height restrictions at Gold Coast Airport parking?
All car park entries – 3.4m entry height.
- Terminal Long-Term and Terminal Short-Term Car Parks – Covered shade structures 2.4 metres.
- Budget Covered Car Park – Covered shade structures 2.4 metres.
- Budget Uncovered Car Park – No height restriction in bays.
- Premium Car Park – No height restriction in bays.
- What is the cost for motorbikes to park at the airport?
The same rates apply for all customers/vehicles parking at Gold Coast Airport. There are designated motorbike bays in the Premium and Terminal car parks. There are no designated motorbike bays in the Budget car parks.
- Where can I go for more information?
- Can I park my trailer or caravan?
Due to our car park’s size limits, we are unable to accommodate vehicles other than standard light vehicles. It is your responsibility to ensure your vehicle complies with the size and height restrictions
- Are all car parks undercover?
Not all Gold Coast Airport parks are undercover, however, there are a variety of parking options to suit your needs and budget. Premium, Terminal and Budget Covered car parks all have covered parking options.
Online Booking Questions
- What payment methods are accepted when pre-booking online?
- Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards
- Diners Club is not currently supported for online booking
- How do I get to my nominated car park?
There are four different car parks at Gold Coast Airport; please refer to the map inside your email booking confirmation for directions to your nominated car park. Alternatively, you can view the maps online. Each car park is near the main terminal. Once you arrive to the airport, follow the directional signage to your nominated car park.
- Can I cancel or make changes to my car park booking?
You can cancel or make changes to your car park booking up to 12 hours before your scheduled arrival time.
To do this, click on the following link www.parkgca.com.au and then 'Manage my booking' at the top of our car park booking website. You will need your booking reference number and the email address you used upon booking. You can also manage your booking through the booking confirmation email sent immediately after your booking was made to the registered email address.
- What if I’m running late?
We allow for a reasonable grace period on either side of your pre-booked entry and exit times. If you require assistance, you can contact one of our friendly staff members by pressing the intercom button at the gate, or by calling +61 7 5536 9573. Please ensure that you leave adequate time when arriving at the airport to park your car and make your way to the terminal.
- What if I overstay my scheduled booking period?
There is a reasonable grace period to take flight delays into consideration, however, if you overstay your scheduled booking period, you will incur the standard daily parking rate applicable to the car park your vehicle is in. Any late exit fees will be charged to your credit card upon exit.
- What if my trip was shorter than the period of time I booked?
Unfortunately, no refund can be issued if your stay is shorter than the online booking period. We apologise for any inconvenience.
- Can I book at short notice?
Yes, you can book up to 3 hours in advance of parking (subject to availability). Please note, the further ahead you pre-book your parking, the cheaper the rate.
- What happens if I forget or lose my booking confirmation?
You are still able to enter and exit the booked car park. Simply tap or insert the credit card you used to pay online at the entry and exit.
- What do I do when I get to the car park?
The confirmation email you receive on booking contains instructions on what to do when you arrive at the car park. This information is also below for your convenience.
- Go to the boom gate of your booked car park
- DO NOT TAKE A TICKET
- Tap or insert the same credit card you used to pay online
- Park your vehicle in any space and proceed to the terminal
If you have any issues, press the intercom for help. Please have your booking reference handy, if possible.
- At Entry
- Drive to the exit
- Tap or insert the same credit card you used when you booked online to open the boom gate.
If you have any issues, press the intercom for help.
Online booking prices are based on the entry and exit dates and times that you have selected during the booking process. Your booking is only valid for the dates and times that you have booked. Please check your booking confirmation for your online booking entry and exit times. Prices are calculated in periods of 24 hours or more. i.e. 24 hours = 1 day, 24:01 to 48 hours = 2 days. The minimum charge is 24 hours.
The system will not recognise your booking and you will be treated as a drive-up customer for that car park. You will be charged drive-up rates for the full period of your stay. No refunds will apply.
DO NOT TAKE A TICKET or use your credit card. Press intercom for help on entry.
DO NOT TAKE A TICKET. If you do not bring the credit card used for payment, press the intercom for help. The credit card you used to pay for your online booking is your parking ticket. Please remember to bring it with you. If another credit card is used, the system will not recognise your booking and you will be charged as a drive-up customer for that car park. You will be charged drive-up rates for the full period of your stay.
For more information, see Gold Coast Airport’s Parking Terms and Conditions here.